https://theceliacscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/wholesome-yum-gluten-free-donuts.jpg 357 323 Ellen Bayens /wp-content/uploads/2014/12/TheCeliacSceneLogo-575X156.jpg Ellen Bayens2019-02-25 10:51:442019-02-25 10:51:44Yummy Gluten-Free Almond Flour Donuts
This Wholesum Yum donut recipe hits all the right marks! Gluten-free. Grain-Free. Low-carb. Keto-friendly.
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup Erythritol (I use Lakanto)
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Butter (unsalted; measured solid, then melted)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Erythritol
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Butter (unsalted; measured solid, then melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease a donut pan well.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the donut cavities, filling them 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for about 22-28 minutes (or longer for a silicone pan!), until dark golden brown.
- Cool until donuts are easy to remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the erythritol and cinnamon for the coating.
- When the donuts have cooled enough to easily remove from the molds, transfer them to a cutting board.
- Brush both sides of one donut with butter, then press/roll in the sweetener/cinnamon mixture to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining donuts.
Makes 6 servings – Nutrition Facts per serving
- Calories 257
- Fat 25g
- Protein 6g
- Total Carbs 5g
- Net Carbs 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g