Recipes with a sprinkle of green set the mood for St. Patrick’s!
- Cinde Little writes the Everyday Gluten Free Gourmet food blog and teaches cooking classes in Calgary, Alberta. She became interested in gluten free cooking in 2009 after a friend was diagnosed with celiac disease. Food restrictions are real and learning to accommodate them is an important skill. As a passionate home cook, Cinde encourages everyone to just get in the kitchen and cook!
Visit www.everydayglutenfreegourmet.ca or follow her on social media:
- Cooking Classes in the Calgary Area
Bubble and Squeak Patties
Bubble and Squeak Patties is my appetizer version of the potato and cabbage dish called Bubble and Squeak. Created to use up leftover mashed potatoes and vegetables, the name of this British favourite comes from the bubbling and squeaking sounds heard during the cooking process.
Spicy Thai Meatballs in Lettuce Cups
These Spicy Thai Meatballs are served in lettuce cups with fresh herbs that give this appetizer a delicious, fresh taste. The meatballs are rolled in gluten free panko breadcrumbs then broiled for just a few minutes. The citrusy cilantro ponzu sauce finishes it off.
Spinach Feta Quiche
When I was a young cook the saying was, “Real men don’t eat quiche”. I’m not sure of the current status of quiche but for pastry lovers and people who like to put some effort into their weekend brunch this Spinach Feta Quiche is a treat. So don’t be using skim milk instead of half and half, make a real quiche and make it rich, creamy and delicious.
Warm Spinach Basil Salad
This Warm Spinach Basil Salad brings together the classic flavours of pesto in a salad. Perfect for almost any summer menu the salad must be tossed after your guests are seated. Heating the dressing brings out all the individual flavours but it must be enjoyed as soon as it is tossed.
Cinde’s ‘How to Use Gluten-Free Flour’ Series
- How to Use Oat Flour
- Gluten Free Whole Oats vs Quick Oats
- Gluten Free Baking By Weight
- How to Use Rice Flour in Gluten Free Baking
- How To Use Starch in Gluten Free Baking
- How To Use Corn Flour, Cornmeal and Masa Harina
- How To Use Almond Flour and Quinoa Flour
- How To Use Chickpea Flour
- How To Use Millet Flour and Sorghum Flour
- How To Use Teff Flour
- How To Use Buckwheat Flour
- How To Use Coconut Flour
- How To Use Binders in Gluten-Free Baking