Gluten-Free Events Calendar
If it’s gluten free and happening in Victoria, Vancouver Island or the Gulf Islands, you’ll find it listed here! From tastings to contests, farmer’s markets to food trucks – this is your calendar to Gluten-Free Paradise! Join Victoria’s Gluten-Free Foodies and add a new restaurant – and possibly a new gluten-free friend – to your repertoire!
- Thursday, April 23rd at 5:30 pm.
- RSVP to [email protected]
- 240 Cook Street
Poke originates from Hawaii, fusing fresh diced fish with rice, veggies and an array of delicious toppings. Prepared with high-quality, rich-tasting and fresh ingredients. Poke Fresh chefs are knowledgeable about gluten free and ready to create a handcrafted bowl that will send your taste buds on a vacation to paradise … or at least Hawaii. Come on down to Cook Street and customize a bowl unique to you!
- Classic Bowl – Marinated Tuna, White Rice, Mixed Greens, Cucumber, Green Onion, Cilantro, Cherry Tomatoes, Masago, Ponzu Sauce, Creamy Wasabi Sauce, Sesame Seeds, Chili Flakes. Order without crab meat – contains wheat.
- Hawaiian Bowl – Tuna, White Rice Green Onion, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Purple Cabbage, Avocado, Ponzu Sauce, Sriracha Aioli, Sesame Seeds. Order without Wakame Seaweed – contains wheat.
- Victoria Bowl – Ahi Tuna, Brown Rice, Mixed Greens, Sweet Onion, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Sweet Corn, Julienne Carrots, Masago, Kale, Pineapple, Edamame, Gluten Free Tamari Sauce, Tahini-Miso, Sesame Seeds, Tortilla Chips.
- Veggie Fresh Bowl – Marinated Tofu, Mixed Greens, Kale, Cherry Tomatoes, Purple Cabbage, Julienne Carrots, Sweet Onion, Edamame, Avocado, Tahini-Miso Sauce, Ponzu Sauce, Dried Seaweed Flakes (Nori), Sesame Seeds. Order without Wakame Seaweed – contains wheat.
- Bonanza Bowl – Salmon, White Rice, Mixed Greens, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Kale, Sweet Corn, Masago, Edamame, Avocado, Sriracha Aioli, Creamy Wasabi, Shoyu Sauce, Tortilla Chips, Chili Flakes. Order without Wakame Seaweed – contains wheat.
- Broke Da Mouth – Sockeye Salmon, Brown Rice, Cucumber, Sweet Corn, Sweet Onion, Kale, Julienne Carrots, Pineapple, Edamame, Jalapeno, Mandarin Oranges, Sriracha Aioli, Tahini-Miso Sauce, Ponzu Sauce, Fried Onion, Dried Seaweed Flakes (Nori)
- Base – White Rice, Brown Rice, Mixed Greens
- Poke – Tuna, Marinated Tuna, Pink Salmon, Marinated Salmon, Marinated Tofu, Garlic Shrimp, Sockeye Salmon (extra $1.50), Yellowfin Ahi Tuna (extra $1.50.) Caution: Crab Meat contains wheat.
- Toppings – Red Onions, Julienne Carrots, Sweet Onion, Cucumber, Purple Cabbage, Edamame, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Radish, Jalapeno, Pineapple, Sweet Corn, Masago, Avocado (extra $1.50), Beetroot, Cilantro, Green Onion, Kale, Chickpeas, Mandarin Oranges, Pickled Ginger (Gari). Caution: Wakame Seaweed Salad contains wheat.
- Sauces – Shoyu, Ponzu, Sriracha Aioli, Gluten-Free Tamari, Tahini-Miso, Creamy Wasabi
- Garnish – Chili Flakes, Sesame Seeds, Dried Seaweed Flakes (Nori.) Caution: Tortilla Chips may contain wheat)
- Base – Acai Mixed Berry Blend
- Fruit – Bananas, Mandarin Oranges, Blueberries, Strawberries, Pineapple
- Nuts – Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans
- Toppings – Coconut Flakes, Honey, Hemp Seeds Caution: granola may contain wheat)
- Juice – Apple, Orange, Hibiscus Peach, Hibiscus Mango, Lemon, Coconut Water
- Sparkling Water – Strawberry, Lime, Orange, Grapefruit
- Pop – Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Ginger Ale, 7Up
- Poke Fresh prioritizes sourcing local and sustainable ingredients, even from as close as James Bay. All their fish is Ocean Wise, which means it’s a ‘good choice for keeping ocean life healthy and abundant for generations to come.
- PokeFresh is proud to be one of the green certified members of synergy. This means they are a business that keeps its waste pollution as low as possible.
- All their fish are caught through sustainable and ethical practices to help our oceans remain as healthy as possible.
- All take out containers are ‘backyard compost’ to-go containers (so they don’t need a compost bin/facility) and meet both industrial and home composting standards.
- Poke Fresh harvests many of the herbs they use from their own garden! Poke Fresh Farm to table.
- Surfrider is a community of everyday people who passionately protect our playground – the ocean, waves, and beaches that provide us so much enjoyment.
- Surfrider Vancouver Island is a dedicated chapter of the larger Surfrider organization – a collection of like-minded Vancouver Island coastal inhabitants focusing on ways of protecting and preserving it into the future.