https://theceliacscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/wild-poppy-meringue-nests.jpeg 357 323 Ellen Bayens /wp-content/uploads/2014/12/TheCeliacSceneLogo-575X156.jpg Ellen Bayens2020-02-12 10:34:372020-09-24 07:15:36Marvelous Meringues by Wild Poppy Bistro & Bakery
There can never be too much love in the world. Wild Poppy Bistro & Bakery celebrates and spreads that love by sharing this recipe!
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/4 TSP cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups assorted berries
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 TBSP confectioners sugar
- 1/2 TSP vanilla
INSTRUCTIONS – MERINGUES
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar with a mixer at medium speed until foamy.
- Increase mixer speed to high, and beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Drop meringue into eight mounds on prepared pans.
- Using the back of a spoon, shape meringue into nests. Roughly 1 inch high and 4 inches wide.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven with door closed overnight to dry out.
INSTRUCTIONS – WHIPPED CREAM
- With an electric mixer whip together cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings