https://theceliacscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/everyday-gluten-free-gourmet-mousse-x-2-wp.png 357 323 Ellen Bayens /wp-content/uploads/2014/12/TheCeliacSceneLogo-575X156.jpg Ellen Bayens2020-02-12 13:04:052020-02-12 13:16:48Amazing Mousse by Everyday Gluten Free Gourmet
Mousse! Easy desserts that are naturally gluten free! Great for a crowd!
- Cinde Little writes the Everyday Gluten Free Gourmet food blog and teaches cooking classes in Calgary, Alberta. She became interested in gluten free cooking in 2009 after a friend was diagnosed with celiac disease. Food restrictions are real and learning to accommodate them is an important skill. As a passionate home cook, Cinde encourages everyone to just get in the kitchen and cook!
Visit www.everydayglutenfreegourmet.ca or follow her on social media:
- 7 ounces white chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (first amount)
- 1 cup whipping cream (second amount)
- Garnish – raspberry syrup & raspberries
- Chop chocolate and put into large glass bowl. Place a strainer over top of the bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl of a stand mixer whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour first amount of cream into a small saucepan, place over low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Slowly pour hot cream into egg yolk on low speed to avoid cooking the eggs.
- Pour mixture back into the saucepan on low heat and stir with until it thickens slightly.
- Pour hot egg mixture into the strainer over the chocolate. Using a spatula press on the solids in the strainer then scrap the mixture from the bottom of the strainer into the bowl. Remove the strainer and stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and all chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- In the small bowl of a stand mixer whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold half the whipping cream into the chocolate mixture to lighten. Then fold in remaining whipping cream until smooth.
- Divide white chocolate mousse into shot glasses, liqueur glasses, sherry glasses or martini classes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with a tiny amount of raspberry syrup and a single raspberry and serve.
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Optional – 1 TBSP coffee liqueur, espresso or strong coffee
- Garnish – toasted hazelnuts or chocolate covered coffee beans
- Put Nutella in a large bowl. Microwave on half-power for 30 seconds to soften. Repeat if you can’t stir it.
- Add coffee flavouring if desired.
- In a stand-mixer, beat whipping cream to soft peaks.
- Add a big blog of whipped cream to the Nutella mixture. Gently fold in to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped cream until evenly combined.
- Divide into shot glasses or any small dishes. Chill mousse for 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish as desired.
Cinde’s ‘How to Use Gluten-Free Flour’ Series
- How to Use Oat Flour
- Gluten Free Whole Oats vs Quick Oats
- Gluten Free Baking By Weight
- How to Use Rice Flour in Gluten Free Baking
- How To Use Starch in Gluten Free Baking
- How To Use Corn Flour, Cornmeal and Masa Harina
- How To Use Almond Flour and Quinoa Flour
- How To Use Chickpea Flour
- How To Use Millet Flour and Sorghum Flour
- How To Use Teff Flour
- How To Use Buckwheat Flour
- How To Use Coconut Flour
- How To Use Binders in Gluten-Free Baking