Okanagan Rawsome’s mission is to awaken your taste buds to delicious RAW, SPROUTED, GLUTEN-FREE, and VEGAN living! Afke Zonderland, Chef & CEO shares how easy it is to live a whole-food philosophy and make the healthiest choices for yourself and your family.
Process in a high speed blender and enjoy!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 soft dates or 2 TBSP honey
- 1 raw organic egg white (optional)
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP ground ginger
- 1/4 TSP nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of Sea salt
Note: egg white makes for a frothy smoothie
Process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 3 1/2 TBSP lemon juice, fresh
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 TSP paprika
- 1 TSP sea salt
- 1/4 TSP ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
Carrot Cake Chia Pudding by Kris Carr
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours in hot water, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated raw carrot (about 1 small)
- 2 cups water
- 2 TSP pure vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP agave or maple syrup
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 TSP cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients, except chia seeds, in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and whisk in the chia seeds. Whisk every few minutes over the next 30 minutes. (You can go and do something else, just come back and give it a stir now and then.)
- Once the chia seeds have absorbed the liquid, pour into a glass container, cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Pudding will keep for 1 week or more.
A shining star within the gluten-free and health conscious community in British Columbia and beyond, Afke Zonderland is a Raw Food Chef and CEO of Okanagan Rawsome. Her strategies and recipes are sure to provide you with plenty of food for thought.
Afke regularly hosts raw food workshops across Western Canada, promoting a plant-passionate lifestyle, while sharing tasty recipes that will win over your taste buds! Read more here…
- Purchase Okanagan Rawsome in Victoria and across Vancouver Island.
- Purchase Okanagan Rawsome online and save! Free shipping within Canada for orders over $80. Free Shipping in the US for orders over $160.
- Okanagan Rawsome is a proud Sponsor of the Canadian Celiac Association’s Classes for the Newly Diagnosed. Details here!
Also by Afke:
- Resident Rawfoodie Reveals Healthiest Fruits and Vegetables
- Fuel Injection – How whole Foods Balance Blood Sugar
- Wheat Grass and Wild Edibles*
- Turmeric Goes Mainstream from Facemasks to Yummy Curry
- Dealing with the Dirtiest Place in Your Body in the Cleanest Way Possible
- Essential Oils – Your Allergy Support Team
- Essential Oils – Celiac-Friendly Natural Resource
- The Edible Front Yard – Mow Less, Eat Better, Save Money!
- Looking for Natural Relief from Allergies?
- Confused about Omegas?
- The Skinny on Fat
- Planting Gluten-Free Seeds for Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Almond Milk – Is it Everything It’s Cracked Up to Be?
- Is Kombucha Making a Comeback?
- View Afke’s Recipe Page