Have you ever eaten some snacks and then moments later you suddenly appear in front of the fridge or pantry looking for more food? This is the struggle between cravings and nutrition. Maybe you ate a big meal and an hour later are surprised you are hungry again. It comes in different forms for each of us but the theme is the same, a desire to eat more. Think of cravings as that little devil on your shoulder trying to talk you into eating something sweet or salty or fattening. The angel of course is asking you to fill the nutritional needs in your body.
Now, when the devilish cravings comes a calling, you may go nibble on some salty snacks or sweet desserts or whatever you feel at the time will satisfy that craving but what a lot of people don’t understand is usually the craving comes from a desire to eat something nutritious as well. So if the nutritional need is not met with those snacks, guess what, you are back in front of the fridge or pantry looking for more snacks. You eat some bad food and again, you aren’t nutritionally satisfied and suddenly, hello pantry again. This binge eating is common and because the food is addictive, habits can be formed that aren’t desired. Eating vegetables may fill the nutritional need but that cravings devil on your shoulder won’t shut up, it just keeps nagging you, begging you, bugging you until you finally need to shut it up with some salty, sweet, fatty snack food.
The answer is easy to fix but not so easy to execute if you don’t know the trick. Feed your nutritional need and you will not go back to the kitchen. But, when you have a craving for something salty, a carrot just won’t do the trick. The key to success in binge snacking or eating is to feed your body while satisfying the craving. It is an amazing trick that, if done right, will change everything about how you snack on food.
So what foods will feed you nutritionally while satisfying the cravings? If you want salty or fatty foods, then olives are perfect. They are salty and fatty, just a few will satisfy your body nutritionally while the taste of them will feed the craving. There are many different kinds of olives and they are a good fat to have. Avocado with a little lemon and Himalayan mountain salt will do a great job too. Want something more snacky, Rawthentic has vegeroni snak stiks, kale chips and falafel balls that taste great and will feed both the craving and the body. Our nut and seed sauces have healthy fats in them with a satisfying taste. A carrot dipped in our chipotle or cashew based creamy dill sauce will satisfy the health angel and that cravings monster.
If you want sweets, I always like dried mangos myself (which you happen to be able to get at Rawthentic as well). Dried mangos take awhile to chew, are sweet and by the time you get through a few, the nutritional need is met so you can get off the sweet train sooner than you normally would. Dates or raisins are really good for you and are sweet. Rawthentic has NRGY balls at the restaurant, made mostly of dates. If you feel you really need something more like Chocolate (who doesn’t feel that everyday;), than vegan raw treats are good to have in small quantities to satisfy both the need and the desire. Don’t compromise flavour to get through this. Find snacks that taste great to you but are healthy.
The key is to stock your home with treats or snacks that satisfy both the devilish cravings while feeding that nutritional angel. By being prepared you can create new healthy habits and not be a victim of food addictions. Hey, if the addictions are there to trick you into eating more of them than it is only fair we pull out a trick of our own to beat the addiction.
Rawthentic Eatery wants to support you and your new year’s resolutions!
When faced with large goals, focus on each step along the way versus the entire goal and before you know it, you will be further along than you thought you would be.
Rawthentic has created a CLEANSE GUIDE BOOK and is making it available for FREE. 10 pages of exclusive information will help you make transitional changes with your diet. Tips on how to detoxify comfortably, how to snack properly, and how to heal (lose weight) without compromise.
Email VeganRawFoodRestaurant@gmail.com with ‘Please Send the Guide Book’ in the subject line and it will be emailed to you.
If you want to learn more about healthy eating, benefits of food, cleanse programs and more, simply email VeganRawFoodRestaurant@gmail.com and Rawthentic will get back to you.
Rawthentic staff at their Victoria and Courtenay locations want to help you, too! If they don’t have an answer, they will take your information and someone who can help will be in touch.
The discounted Cleanse Program is available till the end of January 2018. Get a 3, 7, and 14 day cleanse programs for discounts up to 25% off regular price.
3 day juice cleanse reg price $105 on for only $89.99
7 day food cleanse reg price $252 on for only $199.99
14 day food cleanse reg price $504 on for only $378
Raw Alive Delicious…See you at Rawthentic.
MORNING MADNESS AND HAPPY HOUR
Hi there folks, This Special is over at the end of January so if you are interested you only have a couple of weeks to take advantage. Buy smoothies for the entire day in the morning…grab bowls for the family in the afternoon…I am giving away food for 50% off and I would be so excited if you took advantage, it would mean more health for your and yours:) Monday to Friday, you can have smoothies or shakes for 50% off 8:30-10:30am and 50% off Warm Soups and Bowls between 3:30-5pm.
At both of our locations, Courtenay and Victoria, we are introducing our new website, and with that we are beginning an excellent online grocery shopping experience.
How it works:
- STEP 1 – You Pre-order and pre-pay
- STEP 2 – We add your request to our next order.
- STEP 3 – We contact you once it has arrived and pass on substantial savings.
FOR A LIMITED TIME GET A $20 GC for the restaurant on your first grocery order of at least $50
Follow Rawthentic’s Facebook Page to be the first to know about their weekly specials!
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm • Sat 9:30am-8pm • Sunday 9am-7pm
VIEW RAWTHENTIC’S MENU HERE or scroll down.
- ON THE RUN? Choose from a variety of dishes made fresh daily ready-to-go to make your trip into Rawthentic faster. REAL! FOOD! FAST!
• Click here to learn about Rawthentic Eatery’s Bulk Grocery Program (scroll down for poster)
• Shop Rawthentic’s Online Store for Victoria • Shop Rawthentic’s Online Store for Courtenay
• Visit Rawthentic in Courtenay • Visit Rawthentic in Victoria
• Instagram • Facebook • Website
- Everything is made fresh in house with real food … no fillers, preservatives or refined food.
- Sauces are made fresh every day using nuts, seeds, cold pressed olive oil and hemp as their base.
- Wraps are made in-house, dehydrated at 115˚ to keep enzymes alive and made with only ground flax and vegetables.
- Rawthentic’s almond mylk is made fresh every day.
- Most of the to-go containers, straws, cutlery are made with corn so they are biodegradable.
- Apple juice is cold pressed and unpasteurized – in other words, juiced right off the tree.
- Rawthentic smoothie boosters are real, unprocessed super foods: chia (perfect anti-oxidant and intestinal cleanser), hemp hearts (big protein boost), goji (anti-oxidant and high in protein), acai (high anti-oxidant and energy boost), maca (energy boost)
- Count on Rawthentic’s raw food catering service for your important occasion – social or business – for up to 200 guests for weddings, birthdays, dinner parties and corporate events. See what our inspiring, healthy, eye-catching raw food can bring to your event from wedding and birthday cakes or any other raw delight that you can think of! Get in touch with their knowledgeable raw food experts. Learn more …
About the Owner
- Not only is Bill Hadikin the owner of Rawthentic – he’s their best customer. He has been enjoying vegan raw food since 2004 when he went through a personal journey discovering health in his life. He lost over 50lbs of weight in the process while feeling amazing. “Don’t just eat it ‘cause it tastes good … learn why it is good for you at the same time.” Learn more …
- Coconut Water, Acai, Goji, Chia, Dates, Spinach, Blueberries, Lemon
- GLOWING GODDESS
- Apple Juice, Hemp, Dates, Banana, Vanilla, Sour Cherry, Raspberries
- Apple Juice, Dates, Pear, Kale, Ginger,Raspberry
- Coconut Water, Spirulina, Chia, Hemp, Dates, Spinach, Blueberries
- BERRY BUNNY
- Carrot Juice Blackberry, Hemp, Vanilla, Dates, Banana
- MANGO LIME ZINGER
- Apple Juice, Dates, Banana, Mango, Spinach, Lime, Ginger
- HAWAIIAN SUNSET
- Apple Juice, Coconut, Chia, Dates, Strawberries & Pineapple
- BEET TREAT
- Beets, Carrot, Apple, Ginger, Lemon
- LOVE & LIGHT
- Orange, Lemon, Apple, Ginger, Turmeric
- GREEN & CLEAN
- Kale, Cukes, Celery, Ginger, Apple, Lemon
- SKINNY DIP
- Apple, Pear, Lemon, Ginger
- WHEATGRASS COCKTAIL
- Apple, Carrot, Wheatgrass
- Add Kambucha to any juice for free!
- MEDITERANEAN QUINOA SALAD
- Quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, Kalamata olives beets, peppers, balsamic vinaigrette
- CHIC’UN CAEZAR SALAD
- Romaine, Chic`un` patty, caezar dressing, brazil nut parm and garlic bread
- RAWTHENTIC SALAD
- Spring Mix, carrots, beets, tomatoes, cukes, peppers, sprouts, hemp, Balsamic dressing
- PAD THAI SALAD
- Zucchini and kelp noodles, almonds, greens cashews, peppers, almond Thai dressing
- FIESTA SALAD
- Romaine, mixed hemp dressing, tomato, pepper, falafel, nacho nut cheese, olives
- BUILD YOUR OWN BASIC SALAD
- Base, 3 toppings and dressing of choice
- WARRIOR WRAP
- Falafel, beet, carrot, sprout, spring mix, cashew hummus, mixed dressing
- AVOCADO SANDWICH WRAP
- Creamy cashew dill dressing, cucumbers, tomato, sprout, spring mix, avocado, salt, pepper, cayenne
- CHIPOTLE BURRITO WRAP
- Romaine, Chipotle veggies, peppers, brown basmati rice tomato, and pumpkin taco meat spread
- PESTO CHIC’UN WRAP
- Pesto, sundried tomato, chic’un’ patty, cucumbers, spring mix, Caesar dressing
- GREEK WRAP
- Wrap, Tzatziki, quinoa, falafel, tomato, spinach, olives, cucumbers, peppers
- CURRY WRAP
- Creamy dill, brown basmati rice, falafel ball, spinach, marinated veggies, curry sauce, tomatoes
- GODDESS BOWL
- Basmati, spring mix, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, beets, sprouts, sesame dressing
- NAMASTE BOWL
- Basmati rice, spring mix, curry veggies, tomatoes, carrots, curry sauce, Creamy Dill Kale chip crumble
- CLEANSE SALAD
- Spring Mix, carrots, beets, tomatoes, cukes, peppers, sprouts, hemp, Balsamic dressing
- TSAMURAI BOWL
- Basmati rice, Chic’un patty, spring mix, teriyaki veggies, teriyaki dressing, carrots, red peppers, sesame seeds
- CARRIBA BOWL
- Basmati rice, romaine, chipotle veggies, Chipotle sauce, avocado, tomatoes, carrots, kale chip crumble
- PORTABELLA PESTO PASTA BOWL
- Zucchini noodles, walnut meatballs, tomatoes walnut pesto, spinach, brazil nut parm, chives
Rawthentic Desserts! Let the pictures speak for themselves!