Celiac Scene January Round Up on ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’
Fast, fun and informative! Sue Jennett and Ellen Bayens discuss the latest gluten-free news from a celiac perspective and in the context of their many years of supporting those who are starting the gluten-free diet.
If you’ve never tried a podcast before, they are a great way to listen and learn while you are busy doing something else – cooking, hiking, driving or just relaxing. You choose!
This week we talk about the current and upcoming food trends in the gluten free marketplace, as well as a recently published study on the connection between celiac disease and psoriasis. We cover the subject of body image from a male perspective and identify that females often find the diagnosis and GF diet isolating. Bard’s Beer is different because of the malting process, which in this case is gluten free, and the My Healthy Gut App is offering a 7-day free trial. Here’s some links from Ellen you might want to look up
Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene January Round Up!
Click here to read what Sue was thinking!
Curious to read the articles mentioned? Click on the links below:
- Are You Gluten Free? Here’s What’s Happening in 2020!
- 2020 Vancouver Island Safe Fries List (+ Onion Rings, Calamari, Chicken Strips, S’mores & More!)
- Vancouver Island’s Bake My Day
- Study Shows Significant Association Between Psoriasis and Celiac Disease
- Celiac Disease – Is it Affecting Your Body Image?
- Bard’s Beer Trademarks Truly Gluten-Free Beer Logo
- Is the Gluten-Free Diet Making You Feel Lonely? Facebook Response
- 15 Things You Wish People Knew About Celiac Disease
- 17 Questions Celiacs Ask – And Why
- Symptom Tracking & Report Creation by MyHealthyGut i-Phone App
Sue counts more than 20 years since both she and her daughter were diagnosed with celiac disease. During that time, she has operated a gluten-free bakery, run a celiac kids camp, and produced and hosted a gluten free baking show on cable TV in Ontario. Join Sue’s weekly conversations, as she delves into all things celiac and gluten free.
- A Canadian Celiac Podcast
- A Canadian Celiac Blog Podcast Blog
- Sue’s Baking Website
- Sue’s Gluten Free Baking on You Tube
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Sue’s other Podcast – Gluten Free Weigh In
Ellen Bayens is the founder of The Celiac Scene, the go-to gluten-free resource for Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. Past Vice-President of the Victoria Chapter of the CCA and ‘British Columbia’s Gluten-Free Ambassador,’ she has been featured in Gluten Free Living, Allergic Living and Delight Gluten Free magazines. Ellen is a frequent commentator on TV, radio and print – and now A Canadian Celiac Podcast – as she shares her enthusiasm for gluten-free living with restaurants, retailers and industry stakeholders keen to Get Gluten Free Right!
- The Celiac Scene
- Parents of Celiacs & Celiac Parents Support
- Receive the Celiac Scene’s E-News in your mailbox
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s December Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s November Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s October Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s September Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s August Round Up!