Celiac Scene July Round Up on ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’
Fast, fun and informative! Sue Jennett and Ellen Bayens discuss the latest gluten-free news from a celiac perspective and in the context of their many years of supporting those who are starting the gluten-free diet.
- “If you’ve never tried a podcast before, they are a great way to listen and learn while you are busy doing something else – cooking, hiking, driving or just relaxing. You choose!” Cinde Little, everydayglutenfreegourmet.ca
Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene July Round Up!
Click here to read what Sue was thinking!
“I always look forward to my monthly conversations with Ellen from theceliacscene.com. With the COVID stay-at-home restrictions gradually easing off in Canada, new studies and findings regarding celiac disease are few and far between. Food companies are holding off on introducing new gluten free products Ellen does however have a couple of timely articles which we discuss regarding recent changes in food service labelling regarding foods labelled for the US, and an article written by Mia Kennedy about getting back out into social groups for pot lucks, barbeques and picnics, from the point of view of a 20-something celiac.”
Curious to read the articles mentioned? Click on the links below:
- Hidden Barley! Heath Canada Relaxes Ingredient Labeling for US Products
- Musings by Mia – Summer Fun for Twenty-Something Celiacs
- Enter Grimm’s Fine Foods #OwntheGrill Contest!
- Follow Grimm’s on Facebook for inspiring meal ideas!
Sue counts more than 20 years since both she and her daughter were diagnosed with celiac disease. During that time, she has operated a gluten-free bakery, run a celiac kids camp, and produced and hosted a gluten free baking show on cable TV in Ontario. Join Sue’s weekly conversations, as she delves into all things celiac and gluten free.
- A Canadian Celiac Podcast
- A Canadian Celiac Blog Podcast Blog
- Sue’s Baking Website
- Sue’s Gluten Free Baking on You Tube
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Sue’s other Podcast – Gluten Free Weigh In
Ellen Bayens is the founder of The Celiac Scene, the go-to gluten-free resource for Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. Past Vice-President of the Victoria Chapter of the CCA and ‘British Columbia’s Gluten-Free Ambassador,’ she has been featured in Gluten Free Living, Allergic Living and Delight Gluten Free magazines. Ellen is a frequent commentator on TV, radio and print – and now A Canadian Celiac Podcast – as she shares her enthusiasm for gluten-free living with restaurants, retailers and industry stakeholders keen to Get Gluten Free Right!
- The Celiac Scene
- Parents of Celiacs & Celiac Parents Support
- Receive the Celiac Scene’s E-News in your mailbox
Previous Round Ups
Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s June Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s May Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s April Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s March Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s February Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s January Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s December Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s November Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s October Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s September Round Up!
• Click here to listen to the Celiac Scene’s August Round Up!